New Taco 1900 VFD Pump Features Optional
AEGIS® Shaft Grounding Rings
Taco's new 1900 VFD close-coupled, in-line pumps with integrated variable frequency drives are designed to greatly increase energy efficiency and building comfort. Taco 1900 VFD pumps gently ramp-up and ramp-down operation to match system flow to actual heating and cooling demands, enhancing overall system efficiency. Typically, the payback period for installing VFD pumps in place of single-speed pumps is less than 12 months. Our new 1900 VFD pumps, with single-phase or three-phase motors, are available in five basic models ranging in size from 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" to 2" x 2" with a flow range of 10 to 250 GPM, and head capability to 160 feet. Rear, pull-out design allows servicing of the pump without disturbing the piping.
Exclusively from Taco: The new 1900 VFD pumps may be optionally-equipped with Aegis shaft grounding rings to prevent electrical bearing fluting damage, an important feature not available from other pump manufacturers. The factory-installed rings safely divert harmful shaft voltages and bearing currents to ground with a "path of least resistance" to dramatically extend motor life.
Features of the Taco 1900 VFD pumps include:
- Can be installed anywhere in the piping layout.
- Self-supported by system piping; require no additional strapping or external support.
- Can be mounted horizontally or vertically.
- Permanently-sealed motor design with grease-lubricated ball bearings makes the 1900 virtually maintenance free.
- Ceramic seals standard to meet a wide range of application requirements.