LEESON® has a product line comprising thousands of AC and DC motors, gearmotors, and variable speed controls. Many of their motors now include AEGIS® Shaft Grounding Rings. AEGIS Rings protect motors from electrical damage to their bearings, caused by variable frequency drive control.
AEGIS Rings are available in the following motors. Click here for a mini-catalog of all LEESON motors with AEGIS.
- Platinum e Permanent Magnet AC Motors (option)
- Inverter Duty/Vector Duty Motors (standard at 180 frame size and up)
- TEAO Cooling Tower Single Speed Motors
- Washguard® Motors:
- Premium All-Stainless
- Extreme Duck Ultra (more below)
LEESON Extreme Duck Ultra
LEESON's lines of Premium Stainless Steel motors and Extreme Duck motors, through 2 HP, now include motors with AEGIS Rings installed inside.
- Premium stainless and Extreme Duck series
- 1/2HP to 2 HP
- Eliminate bearing currents from inverter use
- Provide longer bearing life
- AEGIS Shaft Grounding Ring installed internally
LEESON Takes Bronze in the 2015 Plant Engineering Product of the Year Contest
EXTREME DUCK ULTRA IS ONE TOUGH DUCK: A bronze winner in Plant Engineering’s Product of the Year, the revolutionary new design of this motor ensures that liquids won’t penetrate the motor in any mounting position, plus it’s easier to install and connect because of unique non-wicking colored leads. Less corrosion, less operating costs. This motor has an option to include an AEGIS Shaft Grounding Ring for ½ to 2 HP.